Grove Conversion Installation Instructions
For a set of full instructions with images, please download our printable instructions.
Thank you for purchasing our product, you are now ready for leak free service.
Park machine safely
Before starting job:
- Lower all equipment to the ground.
- Put in park/set parking brake.
- Stop the engine and remove the key
Work in clean area
- Clean work area and machine.
- Make sure you have all necessary tools to do the job.
- Read all instructions thoroughly; do not attempt shortcuts.
- Clean valve area thoroughly; front and rear prior to disassembly.
- Remove OEM snap rings
- Remove and retain snap rings.
- Remove expansion plugs
- Remove expansion plugs from the top of the valve body.
- Discard Plugs, New parts are provided.
- Use a sharp punch and hammer.
- Remove e-clips and springs
- Remove e-clips and springs from coupler barrel levers located under expansion plugs.
- Discard e-clips, springs, and levers, new parts are provided with kit.
- Remove barrels from SCV housing.
- Remove OEM O-rings and backers
- Remove OEM O-rings and backers from SCV bore using a long O-ring pick and discard.
- 2 O-rings and 2 backers per bore
- Clean SCV bore
- This step is very important as damage to new O-rings may occur if this step is neglected.
- Brake and parts cleaner is recommended.
- Blow dry with compressed air once debris is washed away.
- Inspect valve body bore face
- Assure that no damage has occurred to valve body bore face.
- If damage is visible, use rat tail file or a half round file to smooth the surfaces.
- If a file is used, repeat step 5.
- Remove Grove Conversion Inserts from packages
- Remove 5/16” cap screw, flat washer and lock washer from the rear half of the insert.
- Remove O-ring compression sleeve.
- O-rings will remain as received on assy.
- Apply grease or assembly lube liberally to O-rings.
- Blue Lock-Tite is recommended on all threads
- Install insert into valve body
- Gently install insert into valve body making sure index pin (Fig. H) on the front half of the insert is in the 12 o’clock or 6 o’clock position. Insert until fully seated and snap ring groove is visible. (Light tapping may be required)
- Use a rubber mallet to reduce risk of damage
- (DO NOT FORCE) O-ring damage may result.
- When firmly seated, install OEM snap ring.
- Install after- market hydraulic couplers
- Breakaway couplers included in kit. Do Not substitute. Apply grease or assembly lube to O-ring, and tighten with properly sized open end wrench.
- Damage to valve body may result in the event of implement breakaway if these couplers are not used.
- Rotate insert and coupler assembly by hand counter clockwise until it stops.
- Tighten Insert
- Using a 5/8” open end wrench, tighten the rear half of the insert firmly, 60 ft. lbs. recommended.
- Install the compression sleeve onto the rear half of the insert. Insuring that it is seated against the rear O-ring.
- Install the 5/16” cap screw, flat washer, and lock washer making sure the flat washer is against the compression sleeve. (Blue Lock-Tite recommended) on cap screw threads.
- Tighten firmly using a ½” box end wrench, 15 ft. lbs. recommended.
- Install supplied expansion plugs
- Install expansion plugs onto the top of the valve housing using a hammer and a flat punch